Who are we?
As the global specialist in energy management, Schneider Electric takes on the challenge of transforming the way people and organizations use energy. We are the essential brick between energy production and energy usage. We make electricity available for both individuals and organizations. We make it reliable and safe to use thanks to our wide range of electrical distribution and critical power and cooling solutions. For example: data centers, hospitals and stock markets cannot withstand the slightest fluctuation in current quality. We provide these businesses with uninterrupted power at all times. We provide energy efficiency solutions to help our customers achieve greater productivity while consuming fewer resources. For example: industry, infrastructure and buildings account for more than 70% of energy consumption today. Our solutions can cut energy usage by up to 30%. Schneider Electric had €24 billion in sales in 2012, and has more than 140,000 employees in more than 100 countries.
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Senior Buyer – Schneider Electric North America
What are we looking for?
Do you have a passion for supply chain, purchasing and solving complex business challenges? We are currently seeking a self driven Senior Buyer candidate with a passion purchasing to join our team. This position will be located in our Victoria British Columbia, Canada office.
• Reports to the Plant Purchasing Manager in Victoria plant, as part of the Electronics Cluster of factories
• Ensure the application of the commodity strategy and focused supplier panel
• Propose actions within the perimeter that align to the commodity strategy
• Manager supplier consultation & selection, in accordance with the commodity strategy
• Manage supplier qualification; negotiate and manage contracts with local/specific suppliers (price, delay, etc.)
• Contribute to the purchasing database update by providing necessary information to commodity managers/supplier leaders/plants
• First escalation level for supplier crisis management
• Implement the quality and cost reduction objective related to action plan/productivity program
• Manage supplier change projects using strong project management skills
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or Operations , or equivalent experience.
• Strong relationship management skills
• Experience performing complex analysis assignments with a strong financial analysis capability
• Strong leadership skills : collaboration, communication, influence, drive for results, effective planning / prioritization, project management
• Strong verbal / presentation and written communications skills working in a complex organization Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.
To apply for this job please see link