Who are we?
As the global specialist in energy management, Schneider Electric takes on the challenge of transforming the way people and organizations use energy. We are the essential brick between energy production and energy usage. We make electricity available for both individuals and organizations. We make it reliable and safe to use thanks to our wide range of electrical distribution and critical power and cooling solutions. For example: data centers, hospitals and stock markets cannot withstand the slightest fluctuation in current quality. We provide these businesses with uninterrupted power at all times. We provide energy efficiency solutions to help our customers achieve greater productivity while consuming fewer resources. For example: industry, infrastructure and buildings account for more than 70% of energy consumption today. Our solutions can cut energy usage by up to 30%. Schneider Electric had €24 billion in sales in 2012, and has more than 140,000 employees in more than 100 countries.
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Plant Purchasing Manager – Schneider Electric North America
What are we looking for?
Do you have a passion for supply chain, purchasing and solving complex business challenges? We are currently seeking a self driven Plant Purchasing Manager candidate with a passion for purchasing to join our team. This position will be located in our Victoria British Columbia, Canada office.
• Manage a purchasing team of two Senior Buyers for production spend, and one non-production Buyer
• Manage a spend of $38M productive and non productive commodities with a global supply base
• Reports to Purchasing Director, North American Electronics Cluster (of factories)
• In coordination with our commodity management and sourcing management organizations, the Plant Purchasing manager will drive cost savings and supplier selection process at the Victoria location
• Work closely with Procurement and Supplier Quality organizations to manage supplier performance
• Represent the Purchasing function as part of the Victoria Management team.
• Runs robust process under our PES (Purchasing Excellence System) system to ensure similar processes are maintained across Schneider locations.
• Key stakeholder / business partner groups include : EcoBuildings, Metering Line of Business, Global Supply Chain
• In coordination with the Finance group and the Supply Base, coordinate the inputs for realized savings
• Understand management accounts including the ability to assess business unit level cost and performance drivers
• Strong purchasing / strategic sourcing background with proven successes in developing and implementing purchasing plans with indirect categories, either directly or through advisory engagements.
• Self driven / motivated individual
• Project management experience leading cross functional project teams
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or Engineering with 4+ years of experience
• Relevant work experience related to procurement and business operations, supply chain, cost assessments
• Superior negotiating skills and experience in working in a strategic environment
• Experience performing complex analysis assignments with a strong financial analysis capability
• Strong leadership skills : collaboration, communication, influence, drive for results, effective planning / prioritization, project management
• Strong verbal / presentation and written communications skills working in a complex organization
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.
To apply for this positon please click link