INgrooves, a partner with Universal Music Group Distribution, is a pioneer in the Digital Media industry. The company provides an end-to-end digital asset management platform including distribution and marketing services. We focus on promoting quality independent artists through our network of media store partnerships, which includes Apple, Rhapsody, Amazon, and Napster.
We are looking for a talented Application Engineer with a service-oriented mentality who is capable of building, deploying, and supporting scalable platforms and applications to join our Enterprise Systems Engineering team.
• Coordinate with multiple development, QA, and infrastructure teams to successfully deploy high-availability, customer-facing applications under tight deadlines
• Constantly monitor and assess systems to make sure that processes and applications are operating as designed and recommend and drive any required corrective measures
• Implement and maintain automated deployment processes to deliver repeatable, consistent systems and software releases to multiple environments
• Collaborate with other IT and operational staff to ensure database integrity, security, and ongoing performance
• Manage and support platforms, applications and day to day operations, troubleshoot and identify the root cause/bottleneck with minimal supervision.
• Assist in developing and documenting best practice procedures, standards, guidelines, and ensuring compliance within all Isolation Network environments
• Participate in an after-hours support call rotation
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other relevant field
• Minimum of 4 - 5 years building and supporting reliable, highly available and scalable platforms
• Experience managing authentication and access using Active Directory and LDAP
• Knowledge of current network systems and protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, NAS, SAN, DHCP, routers and switches.
• Familiarity with virtualization technologies such as VMware, HyperV and XenServer
• A deep understanding of application release engineering, application debugging, and application lifecycle process management
• Working knowledge of the principles and best practices of Agile (Scrum, Kanban) & Continuous Integration
• Experience setting up continuous integration and continuous delivery systems using an orchestration tool such as OpenStack or CloudStack
• Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Chef or Puppet
• Proficiency in SQL, Python, C#, PowerShell and UNIX shell scripting
• Knowledgeable in web architectures, software development, LDAP infrastructures, applications platforms, SQL Server and other database architectures
• Experience implementing logging and monitoring infrastructures such as Splunk, Logstash, and Nagios
• Experience working with in both Windows Server 2008/2012 and *nix environments
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills along with the ability to communicate with internal and external customers along with the ability to accurately and effectively document and diagram complex systems and infrastructures.
• Be able to perform effectively as part of a small team in a rapidly growing, dynamic environment.
Why work with us?
We are passionate about the health and well being of our team members, and are committed to career development. Isolation Network, Inc. offers very competitive compensation (based on experience), and a benefits package including medical and dental insurance.
Other perks of working with us are generous paid leave allowances, training & development programs, and the opportunity to work in a casual, energetic, creative and fun working environment! Our downtown office in Victoria has additional perks such as providing snacks, coffee and soda, with access to a fitness facility, showers, indoor bike storage and more
Please send resumes and cover letter to Jennifer.Haight@ingrooves.com