INgrooves, a partner with Universal Music Group Distribution, is a pioneer in the Digital Media industry. The company provides an end-to-end digital asset management platform including distribution and marketing services. We focus on promoting quality independent artists through our network of media store partnerships, which includes Apple, Rhapsody, Amazon, and Napster.
We are looking for a talented Senior Network Engineer to join our ONE Digital Platform Engineering team who will be responsible for the day to day support, monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of our network infrastructure and internet connectivity as well as the planning, designing, and implementing network solutions and best practices. In addition, the engineer will propose and implement hardware and software enhancements or upgrades to improve the network environments and provide for redundancy and optimization.
The primary role of the Network Engineer is to design, administer and support the existing networking environments and design, implement and oversee the development of emerging networked environments and technologies.
• Maintain the high availability and reliability of traffic intensive Interne-facing and internal applications and platforms
• Responsible for designing, maintaining and implementing network and network security infrastructure including Routers, Switches, DNS, Load Balancers, Firewalls, IDS, network monitoring, vulnerability scanning, encryption solutions and content filtering
• Support and deployment of optimal Networking standards and practices to ensure high availability and redundancy of all Production Applications and Platforms
• Performing technical recommendation and oversight of all networked components within all Production Applications and Platforms from Development to Production
• Drafting and maintaining Networking, Security and Best Practice standards in support of optimal and secured performance
• Design, document and maintain all existing and new customer facing networking and security topologies and environments
• Maintain a primary role and focus in the capacity planning, disaster recovery and production performance functions of all environments
• Design, implementation and support of all multi-homed interfaces to all Internet backbones, third-party networks and internal systems
• Review network system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations to determine if potential new applications or application changes are possible within existing infrastructures
• Conduct studies pertaining to development of new networking technologies to meet current and projected needs
• Participate in the definition of the corporate network policy and optimization of the campus environment
• Keep track of network and security patches and upgrades and ensure network resiliency during Change Management windows
• Assist in resolving work problems related to project specifications and/or network configuration.
• Participate in an after-hours support call rotation
The ideal candidate will have:
The ideal candidate will provide a minimum of 5-7 experience in the development, administration and support of enterprise based networks and applications and will encompass the following pre-requisites:
• 5-7 years of experience supporting network and network security and firewall systems.
• Expertise evaluating, installing, and configuring network and network security devices and systems supporting highly available, redundant, load-balanced heavily trafficked properties
• 4-5 years of experience installing and troubleshooting enterprise-class routers (Cisco, Juniper, etc)
• Expertise in WAN design, routing protocols and routed protocols, and IP addressing concepts and standards
• Thorough working knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, load balancing, Foundry, Snort, Nagios as well as other industry leading platforms and solutions
• Thorough experience with firewall technologies and VPN products is needed
• Expertise in design, deployment and administration of highly trafficked and high availability advanced IP (BGP, OSPF, ISIS, RIP), Geo-Load Balancing, Content Distribution and other enterprise/carrier grade network architectures
• Working knowledge of Microsoft systems and *nix Systems and experience supporting both platforms is desirable
• Knowledgeable in web architectures, software development, Directory infrastructures, Applications platforms, Oracle, SQL and other database architectures
• Ability to Document standards, methods and produce drawings of networked environments
• Excellent Project Management and Reporting/Documentation skills
• Experience working in a fast-paced entertainment environment a plus
Why work with us?
We are passionate about the health and well being of our team members, and are committed to career development. Isolation Network, Inc. offers very competitive compensation (based on experience), and a benefits package including medical and dental insurance.
Other perks of working with us are generous paid leave allowances, training & development programs, and the opportunity to work in a casual, energetic, creative and fun working environment! Our downtown office in Victoria has additional perks such as providing snacks, coffee and soda, with access to a fitness facility, showers, indoor bike storage and more.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jennifer.Haight@ingrooves.com