The Web Coordinator is an integral part of the marketing and communications team. Supporting a wide range of activities – web design, social media, marketing, strategic planning, project management, and technical assistance, this position also writes and edits web content. Additionally, the Web Coordinator collaborates with the marketing and communications team, web team members, ITS, and schools and departments to achieve strategic marketing objectives.
- Using creativity, best practices and existing styles determined by Marketing & Communications and ITS, designs and contributes to the layout to the college website for both primary landing and interior pages. Works with content experts to support and translate as necessary their existing content and knowledge to the website;
- Ensures the applicable college web pages and other social media sites are up-to-date, accurate, timely and engaging; in particular, the homepage, Media Centre, top-level landing pages and other marketing priorities; ensures site follows usability guidelines, best practices, and applicable college standards;
- Documents new styles, provides guidance and procedures to school website, program and operations assistants, and other staff; reviews changes and ensures back end of website is organized;
- Develops materials, provides technical assistance to school website, program, operations assistants, and others on applicable software, page layouts, and coding. Assists with troubleshooting and advanced layouts as required;
- Updates and maintains information on social media, provides applicable guidance and feedback to other departments using social media, and may be assigned specific social media area to support (e.g. college Facebook site);
- Writes, rewrites, and edits text content on the website for tone, style, and readability, introduces new style guidelines as appropriate, and recommends links and content to maximize the effectiveness of the website as an essential communication and marketing tool;
- Selects, edits and creates photos and graphics for website and social media as well as monitors graphics usage on the website for copyright and quality concerns;
- Regularly reviews website performance and trends; assists in web usability studies, including drafting and implementing recommendations;
- In conjunction with the Communications, Advancement & Planning team, develops and implements marketing and promotional strategies that focus on the web and other electronic tools including, but not limited to: social media, search engine marketing, online promotions, and website content management;
- Researches and advises the marketing and communications team of the latest trends in social media; drafts plans for the introduction of emerging electronic technology;
- Participates on college committees as designated by supervisor and/or the Vice President of Communications, Advancement & Planning. Performs other related duties similar in scope and complexity.
Two-year diploma in communications, marketing, public relations or website design, and three years’ experience writing and editing content targeted at online audiences in a post-secondary environment, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated proficiency in Windows/MS Office and web publication software (Dreamweaver, Contribute; Photoshop; HTML/CSS coding), and knowledge and understanding of web design principles and best practices.
- Exceptional communication, and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work effectively across functional groups as a team member and independently;
- Proven creative ability and professional judgment;
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills to multi-task, make decisions, and meet deadlines and changing priorities while maintaining attention to detail.