July 20, 2015
The British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (bcIMC), one of Canada’s largest institutional investors, provides professional funds management services for public bodies and publicly administered trust funds. We offer our clients five asset classes: Public Equities, Fixed Income & Foreign Exchange, Private Markets, Mortgages and Real Estate. Our investments are diversified globally.
The assets under management (more than $100 billion) are predominantly pension plan funds from the BC Public Sector and our investment time horizon is long-term. bcIMC aims to be the fund manager of choice for this sector. Key to these efforts are our employees. We look for ethical people who have true passion for the investment industry, and who are committed to providing exceptional client service and delivering superior investment performance.
The Information Technology Department is responsible for developing technology solutions that contribute to the achievement of bcIMC’s mission and long-term objectives. The department manages the corporation’s information technology, providing support to 200+ end-users of business applications and IT infrastructure.
Reporting to the Manager Infrastructure/IT Security, the Infrastructure Services Supervisor’s primary responsibility will be to oversee a team of Infrastructure Technicians while ensuring appropriate customer support service levels are met, processes and procedures are followed and provide service delivery excellence. This is a “hands on” technical position that requires daily active participation resolving service desk tickets, and overseeing the day to day help desk operations, and technicians.
The Supervisor is also responsible for reporting Infrastructure performance to management, supervising special IT projects that are to be implemented and supported by the infrastructure services technicians, and providing technical support to our end-users. Some of the duties include supporting (all aspects of) network issues, server access, PC’s (desktops and laptops), software applications, telecommunications, mobile/handheld devices, etc. The Infrastructure Services Supervisor will have a high level of proficiency in computer hardware and software with a passion for technology and customer support.
Responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the Service Desk and supervision of 3 Infrastructure Services Technicians Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures
3. Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports
4. Train Service Desk staff on operational procedures and processes
5. Conducts annual performance reviews and coaches employees where required.
6. Provide technical expertise for help desk related issues and maintain the stability of daily operations (including on call and after hours support).
7. Ensure that all desktop (OS and productivity applications) licensing is accurate and current.
8. Acts as liaison between bcIMC and various support providers and vendors to ensure that proper service levels are being met.
9. Work closely with the Sr. Security Analyst to ensure that IT security principles and guidelines are followed according to the IT Security Framework.
10. Ensure service requests are acknowledged and resolved in a timely manner with technical expertise and a superior level of customer service.
11. Establish, document, and implement policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected.
12. Perform quality monitoring to identify trends, validate accuracy and provide opportunities for improvement.
13. Oversee service desk schedules ensuring adequate shift, on-call, and vacation coverage.
14. Direct the deployment, maintenance, support and upgrade of all end user computing equipment (desktop computers, laptops, handhelds, peripheral devices, etc.).
15. Research and resolve difficult and complex problems escalated from the tier I/II infrastructure services technicians.
16. Demonstrate efforts for continuous improvement in end-user satisfaction, and departmental operations - including decreasing turnaround times, streamline work processes, and working cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
17. Researches and recommends purchases of computer hardware, computer peripherals, and software for all bcIMC desktop computers.
18. Evaluates new information systems products or services and suggests changes to existing products or services to better aide the end user.
19. Manages the ticketing system software and its database.
20. Assist in afterhours support rotation.
21. Ensure adherence to incident and change management processes for service delivery
22. Actively adheres to compliance and risk management policies, and participates in business continuity planning.
For your information, our recruitment process will require the successful candidate to agree to a criminal record search, to complete a declaration of no previous or current criminal status, and to agree to our corporate Code of Conduct policy.
Please visit the Careers Page of our website for full details of the position and instructions on how to apply, citing File# 319 by August 10, 2015.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue to the next phase of the recruitment process will be contacted.