Zealots Consulting Inc. Executive Search is recruiting for our top tiered Industry retained client, Western Forest Products Inc., offering top market salaries, 100% employer paid benefits, training and leadership opportunities, and a company pension plan.
Western's key strength is its dynamic people. With more than 2,000 talented and motivated employees, the company has industry-leading knowledge of the fibre base, skills in product manufacturing and dedication to customer service as well as a commitment to safety, community and environmental values.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Business Solutions, The IT Business Partner is responsible for fostering and improving engagement and communications between manufacturing and the MIS department with the ultimate intent to improving information utilization and operational efficiencies to maximize margin. The IT Business Partner role is primarily business-facing and will be engrained within manufacturing. The role will interface with other MIS functional teams, vendors, IT steering committee, user groups, and project teams.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE
• Bachelor's degree in a Business, Information Science, or Computer field plus five (5) years of related experience or a combination of education and/or work suitable working experience within the forestry, lumber, or manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of applications supporting lumber inventory, sales, and shipping such as LISA or LumberTrack, tally systems such as Wintally, production forecasting, and maintenance would be desirable.
• Experience in working with sawmill personnel such as mill managers, production coordinators, maintenance planners and supervisors, shippers, and process control specialist would be desirable.
• Excellent organization, planning and prioritizing skills.
• Skilled at analysis, problem solving, critical thinking and decision making.
• Skilled at teamwork, communication (verbal and written), innovation, adaptability, and decision making, along with a customer focus, results orientation, and business sense.
• Skilled at business or technical writing as evidenced by previous work-related experience.
• Ability to effectively participate in multiple major projects or project roles or lead a variety of project team activities/tasks
• Ability to perform objective analysis and re-engineering of business processes to maximize quality service and cost-effectiveness.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the existing automated business applications, their relationships to each other, and interfaces to outside systems.
• Experience in effectively serving on or leading/managing successful information systems project teams.
• Strong skills in understanding and using standard application development design, report and project management tools.
• Ability to conduct needs assessments with clients to identify business and marketing requirements to translate into project plans.
• Knowledge of applicable IT laws and regulations.
NATURE & SCOPE
The IT Department is a critical component of the business and is a business partner for all aspects of the business. By choosing the right technology at the right time and deploying it in the right way at the right cost will help to ensure that the Company has the ability to drive business value and business productivity.
In confidence, please call or email your resume and cover letter quoting, IT Business Partner (Manufacturing) by clicking on the "Reply" button.
Cliff Tang, Principal
Zealots Consulting Inc. Executive Search
IT Recruitment Consulting & Leadership Development
"Part of Your Team"
Lynn Valley Town Centre
1199 Lynn Valley Road, Box 16133, North Vancouver, BC
V7J 3S9 Canada