Iris Dynamics produces precision motion control systems that are transforming how people interact with machines of all types.
Located in the Marine Technology Centre near Victoria International Airport, we sell our innovative flight-simulator yokes and actuator systems to clients world-wide. With a small team we are making a big impact and we now have a ground-floor opportunity for the right candidate.
Engineering Manager, Electro-Mechanical Systems
North Saanich, BC
We have a ground-floor opportunity for you to be the leader of our Engineering team. We need an experienced engineer who will take us to the next level as we enter a period of rapid growth.
Reporting to the President, you will be responsible for managing and growing a talented mechanical and electrical engineering team. You will be responsible for R&D of new technology, product design, manufacturing and product support. You will implement engineering processes, documentation standards and a robust change control and QA proccess Your technical know-how, leadership and mentoring skills will be instrumental in the creation of new products and managing the team. Your project management skills are important so that we can deliver the right product at the right time within budget. Compensation will depend on experience.
-15+ years experience in a product-oriented R&D and manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated creative design skills
- Experience in project management.
- Excellent communications and documentation skills.
- Experience with documentation control and engineering processes
- Demonstrated commitment to setting and meeting deadlines.
- Experience in managing small mixed-discipline engineering teams
- Experience in Product engineering and Manufacturing engineering
- experience with embedded controllers.
- experience in working directly with customers on custom engineering projects.
- Must be able to obtain a controlled-goods security clearance
Please contact us with a cover letter and resume via email: jobs ‘at’ irisdynamics.com. Include your salary history with your resume. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.