About BC Assessment
BC Assessment values all property in the province of British Columbia. Our applications and data are used to create an annual Assessment Roll which informs and acts as an important factor for municipal and provincial taxation planning, policy and decision. Employees are the heart of BC Assessment. As a Crown corporation providing property assessment services for a variety of customers across the province, BC Assessment recognizes the importance of its employees' contributions.
BC Assessment seeks to recruit, reward and retain great talent - the people who work hard to help make the corporation a leading property assessment organization and the first choice for property information in British Columbia. To find out more about BC Assessment, please click here.
Senior Database Administrator - 509.3
**Please note that all jobs will close at 4:30pm Pacific Time on the specified Closing Date**
Division/Office: Information and Technology Services -> Information Services
Location(s): Victoria, BC V8Z 0B9 CA
Position Title: Senior Database Administrator
Salary Range: Grid 13: $72,240.13- $84,988.39
Temporary Market Adjustment: 6.25%
Requisition #: 509.3
Closing Date: 18SEP2015
About the Opportunity:
• Are you a driven IT professional looking for your next career challenge?
• Do you enjoy managing corporate databases and using your unique skills to support a strong professional team?
• Would you look forward to an array of outstanding benefits, including three weeks of vacation to start, in-house training/development, and career planning support?
*Please note: a Temporary Market Adjustment of 6.25% will be added to the salary
Join BC Assessment today!
BC Assessment is now searching for a dynamic person who is passionate about database administration and development to join its team as a Senior Database Administrator.
In this important role, you will act as a SQL Server database administrator providing leadership in developing, implementing, and supporting in-house and third-party database solutions. You will also have opportunities to use and enhance a diverse set of skills as a team member participating in, and coordinating, the technical work of business analysts, data modellers, ETL developers and report authors. The role will also be responsible for collaborating with other database administrators, project managers, business analysts, and technical services staff to ensure a robust reporting environment and excellent customer experience. You will also guide and implement standards, policies, processes and procedures related to content data management, database development, data modelling, and will collaborate and consult with technical staff and management to provide hands-on analysis and issue resolution. You will be a key technical resource for the Microsoft Dynamics NAV-based BCA ERP System which serves HR, Finance, and Payroll functions.
About the Benefits
BC Assessment is committed to the professional growth, development and well-being of their staff. In return for your dedication, you will be rewarded with a generous remuneration package and a full range of benefits, including:
• Extended Health and Dental
• Retirement and Pension Plans
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Maternity and Parental Leave Top-Up Payments
• Life/Sick Insurance Benefits
• 3 Weeks Vacation to start
• Awards & Recognition
For more details on the array of benefits BC Assessment has to offer, please click here. If you'd like to find out what it's like to work at BC Assessment, click here to view our career videos.
BC Assessment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Upon joining the BC Assessment team, you'll find yourself working with a group of friendly, team-oriented individuals who strive to deliver exceptional customer service while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Best of all, you can look forward to an environment where your skills and experience are truly appreciated and rewarded.
Please note - in order to be considered for this opportunity, there is a screening questionnaire which must be completed. There are several questions, so please anticipate spending some time prior to the closing date completing it.
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit. An eligibility list may be established. Please see the attached job description for more information.
• A university degree in Computer Science.
• Training or courses in database design and implementation, information retrieval techniques, file access methods, and development and documentation standards.
• Certification(s) in Microsoft SQL Server would be an asset when combined with experience.
PLEASE NOTE: An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Minimum 10 years of experience as a SQL Server Database Administrator.
• Experience performing database analysis and design, performing ETL processes, and managing data administration services for an organization.
• Experience providing technical services to application support teams.
• Experience providing technical direction to project staff.
• Experience working in a client-focused work environment.
• Experience working in an enterprise which emphasizes industry-standard change management and service delivery processes.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV, while not a requirement, would be an asset.
• Proficiency in Transact-SQL and the creation of views, stored procedures, functions and other database objects.
• Proficiency in database descriptor language and database command language.
• Proficiency in administration of SQL Server 2008 R2 and/or later versions (including SSIS and SSRS).
This role will require you to be a self-starter and work independently, while balancing multiple projects and maintaining high levels of productivity.
Please visit our Employment Opportunities website www.bcassessment.ca to create a profile and upload your cover letter and resume to the job.