MAXIMUS is an industry leader in the provisioning of products and services to support the delivery of government services in North America and internationally.
In Canada, MAXIMUS Canada is responsible for the administration and delivery of two of the Province of British Columbia's most important health care programs: The Medical Services Plan and PharmaCare. We are constantly looking at new technology, processes and methods of delivering services to the citizens of British Columbia.
Because of this, and given our expertise in program information management, claims processing, contact centre services, document processing and information technology, we are positioned for significant growth.
Join us here in Victoria, BC to experience the best in West Coast lifestyle. You will work in an environment that will challenge you and reward your achievements. Your down time can be spent exploring the beautiful West Coast – from culinary experiences to cultural events, and to outdoor challenges. We have it all!
Located in beautiful Victoria, BC, in the heart of downtown, our location offers easy access to every amenity.
Reports To: Manager, Business Systems Analysis
Location: Victoria, BC
Reference # ZC-201581
Education & Experience:
Degree from an accredited college or university, with major coursework in systems analysis, information systems, computer science or a related field, and have experience successfully implementing and supporting enterprise applications.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
The Senior Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is an IT specialist who evaluates applications and systems, business functions, processes, and procedures to identify areas for improvement.
As a Senior BSA, you will work closely with experienced IT professionals to design and integrate computer-based maintenance or development solutions which meet the business needs of internal and external stakeholders.
You will have experience in the following areas:
• Leading a team of business analysts
• Analyzing business requests (which are often high level or lacking in detail)
• Defining business requirements
• Assessing technical constraints
• Communicating business wants/needs and technical constraints in a clear and unambiguous manner
• Liasing between multiple stakeholders such as Operations, IT, the Developers, the client, and external service providers
• Using HL7 messaging protocols
You will also have an understanding of:
• How multiple projects are prioritized, resourced, and managed in a multi-project environment
• How production/operational support needs are balanced with in-flight development (contact centre experience would be a definite asset)
• How Service Level Agreements and Objectives apply to a major outsourced Provincial Government contract
• How operational systems incidents, work orders, and service requests are tracked and managed across multiple operational systems and diverse teams.
Skills (Required and/or Preferred):
The successful candidate will have a degree in software engineering, systems analysis, Information Systems, or a related field.
The successful candidate will also possess the following core competencies:
• Good organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to lead a team
• Ability to work with a variety of clients and stakeholders
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to seek peer and supervisory guidance on complex challenges
• Knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following areas is also highly desirable:
1. Application maintenance
2. Development processes and methodologies such as release planning, business systems analysis and documentation, business process re-engineering, business case development and status reporting, testing and testing methodologies
3. Borland Caliber RM, Silk Test, and/or StarTeam
4. Computer Associates AION or other rules engines
5. Contact Centre experience would be a definite asset
Please call or send your resume in confidence Quoting: Senior Business Systems Analyst by clicking on the "Reply" button.
Cliff Tang, Principal
Zealots Consulting Inc. Executive Search
IT Recruitment Consulting & Leadership Development
"Part of Your Team"
Lynn Valley Town Centre
1199 Lynn Valley Road, Box 16133, North Vancouver, BC V7J 3S9