We are searching for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team.
This critical role will drive the continued success of the Quadrant Group’s family of products, providing world class solutions to our new and existing customers. Based in North America, this position will require working with all technical staff to manage quality in the delivery of new and modified software products. This position reports to the Quality Assurance Director.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will work closely with other QA engineers, developers, technical support, and other members of the product teams. Responsibilities will focus on learning and supporting a wide variety of products developed in our Mansfield, Massachusetts and Sidney, British Columbia locations.
- Learn all aspects of product feature sets
- Develop expertise in all tools in use for managing code, requirements, defects, or enhancements.
- Participate in an Agile workflow to help plan sprints, interpret requirements, and execute test plans
- Create and execute application regression tests
- Perform operating system and application software installation and support
- Work with outside vendors and other staff as needed to effectively and efficiently accomplish objectives
- Prepare technical or end user documentation as needed
- Capture and publish metrics
- Participate/lead adoption of new QA procedures, including the use of TestRail (test case management)
- Participate or lead code reviews and contribute recommendations to improve standards
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in commercial software development helpful
- 1 to 4 years participating in a QA engineer position
- Significant experience working with software application requirements
- Familiarity with PHP programming language and use of PHP frameworks
- Familiarity with mobile application development technologies
- Familiarity with UI design concepts
- Working knowledge of automated application testing
- Working knowledge of Windows PC and Server application installation and configuration
- Working knowledge of networking
- Proven analytical/problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Windows desktop and office products
- Knowledge of IBM System i (iSeries, AS/400) operations helpful
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM helpful
- Past experience in business analyst, developer, or technical support roles helpful
- Interpersonal skills including strong motivation and initiative, focus, and a passion for service to users
- Willingness to learn new technologies and concepts
- Ability and willingness to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Strong desire to learn, a collaborative spirit
- A flexible and independent approach to problem solving, research, and learning
- Ability to accept unfamiliar problems – or issues without prior, well-defined solutions
- Must work well with others, seeking opinions and ideas in formulating decisions.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and escalate problem